Preparing your Workforce for the Future
Craig MacDonald is the Executive Manager of learning product at Suncorp, a financial institution. In Episode 45 of Learning Uncut Craig talks about the Future Ready programme, which aims to prepare people with the capabilities they need and that Suncorp needs for the future. The programme is part of a strategic workforce planning and talent management initiative, as well as being driven by a sense of social responsibility to ensure that their people have skills relevant for the future.
This rich story also covers, amongst other things, moving to a learning strategy with more self-directed continuous learning in the flow of work, curating learning pathways, and changes to the learning team role, structure, mindset and skillset.
– drivers of the Future Ready program
– alignment to business strategy through strategic workforce planning
– an organisation’s social responsibility to prepare their people for the future
– the move from a Human Resources function to People Experience
– shifting to a strategy of continuous learning
– reshaping the role, structure and work of the learning team
– partnering with a university and content platform provider to develop the program
– how the program pilot identified the need for redesign to make the program scalable and sustainable
– the three tiers of the program now rolled out
– curating learning pathways
– Craig’s surprising tip for getting started with building Future Ready skills in your workforce
Listen to the full episode and access transcript and additional resources on the podcast website or your favourite podcast platform.
Join the Conversation Online
What insights did you get from listening to Craig on this episode? What questions do you have about the Suncorp Future Ready program? What have you worked on that relates to the ideas and activities discussed in this episode? Let’s talk …
You can join in the conversation about all Learning Uncut episodes on LinkedIn and Twitter using the hashtag #LearningUncut.
Follow #LearningUncut and/or Michelle Ockers on LinkedIn to have posts about the podcast and other contemporary organisational learning topics appear in your feed.
Searching on Learning Uncut Site
Did you know you can search on the Learning Uncut episode page to find a specific episode, guest, or resources on a topic. For example, if you are looking for examples of how design thinking is being used by learning teams go to the Learning Uncut episode page , enter ‘design thinking’ in the search bar at top right of the page and hit the looking glass icon to the right of the search bar. How useful is that!